The globe gets smaller every day; we can now reach nearly every corner of our world in only one day, but at the same time we also get more and more busy.
Questions like below get more and more present on the agenda;
- How close are you to your supplier?
- Do you know how your supplier thinking or do they know how you are thinking?
- When did you last time walk down the production line where your product are manufactured?
- Can TCs (teleconference) replace the visit at the suppliers production facility?
- Did your designer of your new device meet and talk with the technical expert on the production floor?
- How can the designers know the constrains in process technologies?
How can they know the new technologies at the supplier; that other companies already producing according to.
- How can the technical experts at the supplier really know what you need?